The evolution of 'We the People'
Renowned law professor and attorney Charles J. Ogletree traces the idea of "We the People" from the founding fathers, to Dred Scott, to Lyndon B. Johnson, to Barack Obama.
Ogletree taught the President-elect when he was a law student at Harvard.
Ogletree delivered the keynote address at the Hamline Law School Dean's Dinner last week.
- Charles Ogletree: Harvard Law School Jesse Climenko Professor of Law, and founding and executive director of the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice
More from MPR
- Obama breaks barrier, makes history
November 6, 2008
- Black voters celebrate historic Obama victory
November 5, 2008
- Julian Bond on the legacy of the 1968 campaign
October 30, 2008
- Black voters say issues draw them to Obama
October 23, 2008
- Study: Charter schools promote segregation, perform worse than traditional schools
November 26, 2008