How will the Senate recount work?
Soon teams of elections officials, in many places surrounded by partisan and nonpartisan observers, will begin the laborious process of hand-counting 2.9 million Minnesota votes in the close election between Norm Coleman and Al Franken. Minnesota's Secretary of State explains how the process will go.
- Mark Ritchie: Minnesota's secretary of state.
- Michael O'Brien: Reports for The Hill newspaper.
More from MPR
- Canvassing Board to make decision on rejected absentee ballots
November 18, 2008
- County officials prepare for Senate recount
November 17, 2008
- Volunteers gear up for the recount
November 16, 2008