Passing the presidency along
The peaceful transition between presidents is a marvel of American democracy. President Bush has promised to make the transition from his administration to that of President-elect Barack Obama as smooth as possible.
That hasn't always been the case, particularly in recent years.
- Howard Paster: Served as President Bill Clinton's director of legislative affairs and worked on confirmations.
- Paul McNulty: Worked on the George W. Bush transition team in 2000, and was serving in the U.S. Department of Justice as an appointee when the Clinton administration moved in.
- Obama/ Biden transition Web site
- Partnership for Public Service
- National Journal: Lost in Transition Web site
- Valerie Jarrett talks about the Obama transition on Meet the Press