Candidates' wives play prominent campaign roles
Overshadowed a bit in the attention paid to vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin are the other women in the race -- the wives of the presidential candidates. Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama are campaigning too, and contributing to the image of their respective tickets.
- Richard Wolffe: Newsweek's senior White House correspondent. His article, "Barack's Rock" appeared in the Feb. 25 issue of the magazine.
- Ariel Levy: Staff writer for the New Yorker. Her article, "The Lonesome Trail: Cindy McCain's nontraditional campaign," appeared in the Sept. 15 issue of the New Yorker.
More from MPR
- Cindy McCain speaks at the Republican National Convention
September 4, 2008
- Michelle Obama speaks at the Democratic National Convention
August 25, 2008
- About Ariel Levy
- Levy's article on Cindy McCain
- About Richard Wolffe
- Wolffe's article on Michelle Obama