First-year college students -- are they ready?
Broadcast: Midmorning, 08/05/2008, 10:06 a.m.
Half of Americans say U.S. schools aren't up to snuff in preparing kids for college. Midmorning finds out what new college students need to know before starting in fall.
- Melanie Corrigan: Director of national initiatives for the American Council on Education.
- Christine Metzo: Associate director of The First Year Experience at St. Cloud State University. She was also a philosophy instructor.
More from MPR
- MnSCU tuition needs attention
June 18, 2008
- College textbook rental coming to Minnesota
June 20, 2008
- Admission Possible
April 3, 2008
- Minnesota college costs nearly twice the national average
March 12, 2008
- About St. Cloud State's First Year Experience
- About Melanie Corrigan
- Minnesota College Access Network