A new approach on Iran?
The Bush Administration sought and Congress agreed to fund covert operations in Iran to destabilize the government there, according to a recent New Yorker article by Seymour Hersh. Iranian experts take a closer look at this latest attempt by the U.S. to deal with a hostile government in a crucial part of the Middle East.
- Suzanne Maloney: Senior fellow at the Saban Center at the Brookings Institution. She studies Iran.
- Abbas Milani: Head of Iranian studies at Stanford University.
- Seymour Hersh in July 7 New Yorker
- Fresh Air: Interview with Seymour Hersh
- About Suzanne Maloney
- Abbas Milani on Ahmedinejad in the Boston Review
- About Abbas Milani