FCC taking on product placement
Have you ever notice that Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul are always drinking Coke on American Idol? Or that all the cars on "24" are made by Ford? Midmorning looks at the controversy over "stealth advertising," and at other ways that advertisers are trying to reach an audience that has learned to tune out commercials.
- Robert Weismann: managing director of Commercial Alert, a consumer activist group.
- Ron Faber: professor of mass communication at the University of Minnesota School of Journalism.
- Brian Steinberg: TV editor for Advertising Age magazine.
- Adonis Hoffman: Senior VP/Counsel with the American Association of Advertising Agencies.
- Commercial Alert
- About Ron Faber
- Advertising Age
- Newscut: The story behind 'the catch'
- American Association of Advertising Agencies