The VP search is on
Broadcast: Midday, 06/16/2008, 11:00 a.m.
As presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain work toward finding the right running mates, Midday explores the office of the vice presidency and what qualities the candidates might want to see in a potential political partner.
- Paul Light: Executive branch and VP expert, former Humphrey Institute Professor and author of "A Government Ill Executed: The Decline of the Federal Service and How to Reverse It."
More from MPR
- News Cut: The vice presidential two-step
June 9, 2008
- Pawlenty says he is open to being McCain's running mate
June 8, 2008
- Vice President Dick Cheney live from the National Press Club
June 2, 2008
- Mondale's analysis of the presidential campaign
May 22, 2008
- The making of the vice president
March 24, 2008