Gay marriage debate fueled by California ruling
The California Supreme Court has ruled that same-sex marriage is legal in their state, and the political backlash is just beginning. Midmorning examines the future for gay marriage in other states, and what recent polling is showing about public support.
- Adam Liptak: National legal correspondent for the New York Times.
- John Wildermuth: Political reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Brian Brown: Executive director of the National Organization for Marriage, California.
- Shannon Minter: Legal director of National Center for Lesbian Rights. He argued the case before the California Supreme Court.
- Field Poll of May 28, 2008
- Adam Liptak's NY Times articles
- John Wildermuth's politics blog
- National Organization for Marriage
- National Center for Lesbian Rights