Does clean coal really exist?
An upcoming decision by the state Public Utilities Commission will determine whether a new coal plant will provide power for western Minnesota. The battle over the Big Stone II is part of a wider struggle between the coal advocates and environmentalists over the future of the coal industry.
- Bob Schulte: CEO of Central Minnesota Municipal Power Agency.
- Michael Noble: Executive director, Fresh Energy.
- Joe Lucas: Executive director, American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity.
- Henry Henderson: Director, Natural Resource Defense Council's Midwest Program.
More from MPR
- Judge delivers setback to Big Stone II project
May 9, 2008
- Big Stone II
- Fresh Energy
- Central Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
- America's Power
- Natural Resources Defense Council: Dirty Coal