Where are you in the transportation debate?
Crowded highways, fledgling light rail and the limits of transit all figure in the transportation debate going on in communities around Minnesota, and at the State Capitol. At an event at the UBS Forum, transportation experts and users talk about what they hope the system will be in the future.
- Judith Martin: Professor of geography at the University of Minnesota.
- Rick Packer: Project manager at Arcon Development.
- Chris Wells: Assistant professor of environmental studies at Macalester College.
- Adeel Lari: Director of Innovative Financing, State and Local Policy program at the Humphrey Institute.
- Frank Douma: Assistant Director of the State and Local Policy Program at the Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs and a Research Scholar at the Center for Transportation Studies.
- Caren Dewar: Executive director, Urban Land Institute Minnesota.
- Elizabeth Kautz: Mayor of Burnsville, chairperson Minnesota Valley Transit Authority.
- David Levinson: Assistant professor, Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Minnesota.
More from MPR
- Missouri's new bridge repair plan getting noticed in Minnesota
February 11, 2008
- DFLers start session with transportation bill
February 12, 2008