The evolving media landscape
Some daily newspapers will scrap their Saturday editions, according to just one of the predictions for 2008 by Business Week media columnist Jon Fine. Midmorning takes a look back at the top media stories of 2007, and a look forward to what might happen in 2008.
- Jon Fine: Author of the "Media Centric" column for Business Week. He also pens the blog, Fine on Media. Prior to coming to BusinessWeek, Fine covered print media for Advertising Age. He joins us by phone from New York.
- Dante Chinni: Writes for the Christian Science Monitor. He previously was a senior associate with the Project for Excellence in Journalism.
More from MPR
- Upheaval at local newspapers tops 2007's media stories
December 27, 2007
- New FCC rules on media ownership likely to change little in Minnesota
December 20, 2007
- Stories the media missed
December 15, 2007
- Fine on Media
- Fine: Media Predictions for 2008
- Commitee of Concerned Journalists: Talking Journalism with Dante Chinni