Behind the rise in food prices
Broadcast: Midmorning, 12/18/2007, 9:06 a.m.
Food prices continue to rise, in part because there's more demand for the corn fed to chickens and beef. Some analysts say the this is just the beginning of the high prices.
- Dan Morgan: Special correspondent for the Washington Post, and Transatlantic fellow at the German Marshall Fund of the United States.
- Michael Swanson: Agricultural economist with Wells Fargo.
- Jerry Jennison: Owner of Jer-Lindy Farms, near Brooten, Minnesota.
More from MPR
- Farm bill will influence food shelf future
December 13, 2007
- Farmland is now the hot real estate deal
December 3, 2007
- Ethanol celebrates a milestone
November 15, 2007