State legislators aim to end poverty
Broadcast: Midmorning, 12/12/2007, 10:06 a.m.
Minnesota legislators have been touring the state to get a firsthand look at what poverty in Minnesota looks like. But is it feasible to end poverty, and can a bipartisan commission agree on what it will take?
- Gregory Gray: Executive director of the Legislative Commission to End Poverty in Minnesota by 2020. He is a former state representative.
- Sen. John Marty: DFL-Roseville. He is co-chair of the Legislative Commission to End Poverty in Minnesota by 2020.
- Sen. Paul Koering: R-Fort Ripley.
More from MPR
- Reservation homelessness survey first in the nation
December 10, 2007
- Congress considering new laws designed to help the homeless
December 3, 2007
- A worldwide focus on poverty and human development
November 2, 2007
- One catastrophe away from poverty
October 3, 2007