How to record your own family's oral history
Broadcast: Midday, 11/21/2007, 11:00 a.m.
Many families meet at Thanksgiving to share food and share stories. What is the best way to preserve those stories for future generations?
- Sasha Aslanian: Senior producer for American RadioWorks, the documentary unit of American Public Media.
- Jim Fogerty: Head of documentary programs for the Minnesota Historical Society.
More from MPR
- Tech tips for recording oral histories
November 21, 2007
- The story of StoryCorps
September 18, 2007
- Collecting the stories of everyday people
June 30, 2005
- Extraordinary stories from everyday people
June 29, 2005