Ramstad's retirement means a battle for the 3rd District
St. Paul, Minn. — Longtime Minnesota Rep. Jim Ramstad's retirement means Republicans and Democrats will be gearing up for a battle to win the open seat in Minnesota's 3rd District.
Political analysts look at what that race may look like, Ramstad's legacy, and what the future holds for moderate Republicans.
- Larry Jacobs: Professor of political science at the University of Minnesota's Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs.
- David Wasserman: U.S. House editor for the Cook Political Report.
- Matthew Continetti: Associate editor at the Weekly Standard, and author of "The K Street Gang: The Rise and Fall of the Republican Machine."
More from MPR
- Ramstad announces his retirement from Congress
September 17, 2007
- Ramstad -- a moderate in a partisan world
August 16, 2007
- Long-stalled mental health parity bill will see Congressional action Wednesday
July 17, 2007