The mortgage credit crunch
The subprime lending crisis is hitting Minnesotans hard, with foreclosures in Hennepin County alone being expected to double next year. Midmorning examines the different solutions coming from the Federal Reserve, the Bush administration and Congress.
- Jim Hamilton: Professor of economics at the University of California, San Diego. He recently spoke at the Kansas City Fed's Jackson Hole conference.
- Thomas Musil: Director of the Master of Science program in real estate appraisal and the Shenehon Center for Real Estate Education in the College of Business at the University of St. Thomas.
- James R. Hagerty: Has covered housing and economics for The Wall Street Journal since January 2004. He has served as managing editor of The Asian Wall Street Journal and London bureau chief for The Wall Street Journal.
More from MPR
- Rural foreclosures hitting some areas hard
August 15, 2007
- As foreclosures mount, more people are considering bankruptcy
June 18, 2007