Congress hears assessments of Iraq war
St. Paul, Minn. — Important government, military, and independent reports assessing the security and political stability in Iraq are being presented to Congress.
The GAO report, the report by retired Marine Corps Gen. James Jones, and the report by General David Patraeus and U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker are expected to generate some of the most important congressional debate in U.S. history.
- Stephen Van Evera: Professor of international relations and security studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Former managing editor of the journal, "International Security," and author of "Causes of War: Power and the Roots of Conflict."
More from MPR
- Coleman backs plan to bring some troops back from Iraq
September 4, 2007
- Soldier from Moorhead killed in Iraq
August 31, 2007
- President Bush defends Iraq strategy
August 28, 2007
- Iraq's political leadership and security
August 27, 2007