Presidential campaigns revving up for primary season
Broadcast: Midmorning, 09/05/2007, 9:06 a.m.
Fred Thompson is expected to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination for president this week. Meanwhile, some Democratic candidates are threatening to bypass the states that move primaries up ahead of Iowa and New Hampshire.
- Ken Rudin: NPR's political editor.
- Dean Spiliotes: Independent political analyst, and will launch NHPoliticalCapital.com in the next few weeks. He is the former director of research at Saint Anselm's New Hampshire Institute of Politics.
More from MPR
- Senate race in full swing at fairgrounds
August 30, 2007
- Sen. Larry Craig: 'I am not gay'
August 28, 2007
- Fred Thompson, likely presidential candidate, makes Minnesota stop
August 27, 2007
- Coleman not shying away from Bush's coattails
August 1, 2007
- The emotional voter
July 23, 2007