What does safety cost?
Catastrophes, such as the I-35W bridge collapse and 9/11, raise the question of how much the government should invest in the safety and security of its population. But safety may come at a cost too great for the government to bear. Panelists discussed the issue along with members of the public at Minnesota Public Radio's UBS Forum.
- David Hann: Republican state senator from Eden Prairie
- Peter Hutchinson: former Independence Party gubernatorial candidate
- Larry Jacobs: director, Center for the Study of Politics and Governance
- Sean Kershaw: President of the Citizens League
- Art Rolnick: Director of research at the Federal Bank of Minneapolis
- R.T. Rybak: Mayor of Minneapolis
- Dane Smith: president of Growth and Justice
- David Strom: president of the Minnesota Free Market Institute