Language and learning
Broadcast: Midmorning, 09/07/2006, 9:06 a.m.
Language immersion schools are becoming increasingly popular in Minnesota and around the country. But do the benefits of language immersion go beyond increased cultural awareness?
- Betsy Lueth: Director of Yinghua Academy in St. Paul.
- Tara Fortune: Immersion projects coordinator at the Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition at the University of Minnesota.
More from MPR
- Students immersed in Chinese language and culture
September 5, 2006
- Yinghua Academy
- Academia Cesar Chavez
- Normandale Elementary French Immersion School
- About Tara Fortune
- Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition