A political view of gay marriage
Broadcast: Midmorning, 06/07/2006, 10:06 a.m.
The Senate on Wednesday rejected a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, dealing a defeat to President Bush and Republicans who hope to use the measure to energize conservative voters on Election Day.
- James Guth: Professor of political science at Furman University in Greenville, S.C. He studies religion and politics, and has written extensively about the politics of the Christian Right.
More from MPR
- Pictures of marriage
June 2, 2006
- Gay marriage foes avoid disclosure requirements
April 24, 2006
- Will gay marriage ban harm Minnesota's "creative class?"
April 14, 2006
- Highlights of the same-sex marriage hearing
April 5, 2006
- Committee defeats marriage amendment
April 4, 2006