Winning the battle against breast cancer
Breast cancer researcher Dr. Susan Love says that over the last decade science has made only a small dent in the number of women who die from the disease every year. But Love says that with enough funding and research, the next decade could bring an actual cure to breast cancer.
- Susan Love: Breast cancer researcher and advocate, in an April 11 speech at the College of St. Catherine's annual Forum on Women in Leadership. Love is the president and medical director of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation and a clinical professor of surgery at UCLA's school of medicine.
More from MPR
- Hear Dr. Love on Midmorning
April 11, 2006
- Local photographer portrays breast cancer survivors
April 5, 2006
- Research shows link between genetics and cancer drug
December 16, 2005
- Breast cancer breakthrough
June 9, 2005