Meet the candidates: Becky Lourey
Tuesday, March 7, is precinct caucus day in Minnesota, when party activists are supposed to decide which candidate they support for governor and for the U.S. Senate. The caucuses are the first official step in Minnesota's political process, and while hardly decisive, they do provide a good snapshot of which candidates enjoy the most support.
Midday's Meet the Candidates series continues with gubernatorial contender state Sen. Becky Lourey, DFL-Kerrick. Lourey is a three-term state legislator and a small business owner from east central Minnesota.
She ran for governor four years ago but dropped out when she failed to win her party's endorsement. This time, she says she will run in the September primary, with or without party endorsement.
- Becky Lourey: DFL candidate for governor
More from MPR
- Campaign 2006: Becky Lourey
- Votetracker: Becky Lourey
- Hatch keeping low profile as competitors score points at business forum
February 8, 2006
- Doran leads money race in governor's race; Senate fundraising at breakneck pace
January 31, 2006
- Women's issues at fore of DFL gubernatorial forum
January 16, 2006
- Meet the candidates: Peter Hutchinson