Posted at 7:51 PM on July 19, 2011
by Jon Gordon
from MPR News reporter Alex Friedrich:
• Total state funding: $170 million
• How it compares to conference committee bill: $16 million increase
• How it compares to governor's proposal: $1.5 million less
• Minnesota Trade Office: Cut of $158,000 instead of the $3.1 million cut proposed in the conference committee bill. The GOP had wanted to eliminate it, but restored funding as part of the framework agreement.
• Minnesota Investment Fund: Cut of $3 million
• Job skills program: $442,000 cut - less than half the cut proposed in conference committee bill. Other cuts to workforce programs for the disabled.
• Business and community development: $376,000 cut, about 18 percent less than in conference committee bill. Also, cuts in aid to entrepreneurs and small business, rural policy and development and similar funds, some of which help small and midsized businesses.