MPR News Update for Oct. 30, 2014
Thursday, October 30, 2014
- Investors eye site near Mpls. Farmers Market for MLS soccer stadium
A group led by ex-UnitedHealth Group CEO Bill McGuire is intensifying the competition with the Minnesota Vikings to win a Major League Soccer franchise in Minneapolis. | Twin Cities
- For Collin Peterson, campaigns are no longer a cakewalk
For years, Democratic U.S. Rep. Collin Peterson has easily won re-election. This year, he has a strong challenge from Republican state Sen. Torrey Westrom in an expanded district. | Select a Candidate | Find your polling place | Election 2014
- Ebola showdown: Maine nurse goes for a bike ride, trailed by police
Quarantines of returning travelers have become a Gordian knot in the American response to the possibility of Ebola. Nurse Kaci Hickox and her boyfriend stepped out of their home this morning and rode away on their bicycles. Police couldn't detain her without a court order signed by a judge. | Ebola coverage
- Teens and sexting: 7 things parents should know
Has technology really changed sexuality and intimacy for the youngest generation? | The Daily Circuit
- Somalia has first postal service in more than two decades
This news comes after the first ATM was installed in Mogadishu earlier in October.
- There's still time: 25 ways to celebrate a Twin Cities Halloween
The calendar is packed with things to do for Halloween and Dia de los Muertos in the Twin Cities. Here's a good place to start. | While the leaves are still turning: Minn.'s best restaurants to visit this fall | Pumpkin? Black Forest cherry? Sample Minn.'s gonzo beer flavors
- Not so sweet: Chocolate prices are set to rise
It's not just costs that are pushing up prices. A growing sweet tooth around the world means more demand for cocoa beans.
- Johnson details plan for state audit if elected governor
Gov. Mark Dayton said Johnson's plan duplicates a process that is already taking place. | Select a Candidate | Find your polling place | Election 2014
- On Friday's Daily Circuit: Mo Rocca, Ebola quarantines and Congressional debates
Tune in from 9 a.m. to noon for in-depth conversations -- including the Friday Roundtable -- with hosts Kerri Miller and Tom Weber. | The Daily Circuit
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.