MPR News Update for Oct. 21, 2014
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- Ebola 'looms large' for paramedics preparing in Minn.
Fire stations remain at the front line of the battle against the disease. | CDC revises Ebola gear guidelines | Ebola coverage
- Single-sort boosts Minneapolis recycling by 25%
The city has also reduced the amount of trash sent to the incinerator by 16 percent or 13,511 tons. | Environment
- What does being 'spiritual but not religious' really mean?
It's a phrase you hear more and more these days: In 2012, a Pew Foundation survey on religion found that almost 20 percent of Americans placed themselves in the category. | Tuesday's Daily Circuit: Reza Aslan on the nature of Islam, spiritual identity
- Should college athletes be paid to play?
College athletic programs are facing a number of efforts to change the way they function, including a "pay to play" push. The University of Minnesota is hosting an event tonight about the impact this type of reform would have on college sports. | The Daily Circuit
- Pop Till We Drop: E-Books vs. print books
In this episode of our pop-culture podcast, generational views on gender roles, and why Tess and Shelby choose actual books over e-books. | Pop Till We Drop
- Photos: With Oscar de la Renta's death, an appreciation of his impact on fashion
The legendary designer died Monday evening at the age of 82. He spent five decades in the spotlight and created gowns for first ladies and for Hollywood stars.
- Winona State faculty unhappy with MnSCU leadership
The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities' chancellor says he has not been contacted by Winona State faculty leaders about any concerns that would have led to their vote of no confidence. | Education
- Cappuccino potato chips? For some reason, that just never caught on
Frito-Lay says Wasabi Ginger won the day in its contest that gives people a chance to create a new flavor. Cappuccino chips? "Nasty" one commenter says.
- Minneapolis police charge woman in strip club killing
The Hennepin County Attorney's office charged a 29-year-old St. Paul woman with murder Tuesday for the weekend shooting of another woman at Augies nightclub.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.