MPR News Update AM Edition for September 23, 2014
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Warm weather this week, but daylight getting scarce... Why did Preferred One pull out of MNsure? Listen for a discussion today on The Daily Circuit... Get your tickets to see New York Times sports reporter John Branch Oct. 2. It's part of our Broadcast Journalist Series
- Banks and consumers increasingly use text alerts to fight fraud
Cyber thieves have become adept at grabbing credit and debit card numbers. But consumers can now see questionable transactions in seconds.
- Woman sues Archdiocese for 'sham investigation' into sexual abuse claim
A woman who claims the Rev. Michael Keating sexually abused her said the University of St. Thomas was wrong to allow Keating to resign under "false pretenses." | Investigation: Betrayed by Silence
- Gun found in child care center crib
Police found the weapon Friday while executing a search warrant at a house north of downtown St. Paul.
- Tax-free Amazon sales ending next week in Minnesota
Amazon will soon start adding state sales tax to Minnesotans' online purchases. The retail giant may expand its business here, too.
- Accent Signage, victim's family settle over 2012 workplace shooting
Jacob Beneke's family sued Accent Signage, claiming the company should have known employee Andrew Engeldinger was a possible danger.
- U.S. cracks down on companies moving overseas
The U.S. Treasury Department is taking steps aimed at thwarting so-called tax inversion deals, such as the merger between Medtronic and Ireland-based Covidien.
- US launches airstrikes against ISIS in Syria
The expansion of the U.S. offensive against the Sunni militant group is expected to be a protracted effort.
- Voice in tune: Singing, teaching jazz vocals drives Vicky Mountain
Want to learn jazz vocals? Vicky Mountain can help but you'll need to spend some time. | Topic: Arts
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.