MPR News Update AM Edition for September 18, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Home Depot says malware affected 56M payment cards
The company says it has eliminated the malware behind the attacks that took place between April and September.
- New suits seek information on abusive priests in St. Cloud area
Attorney Jeff Anderson follows familiar strategy in bid to make church files public.
- Minnesota unemployment rate dips to 4.3 percent as state adds jobs
August's jobless rate was the lowest in nearly eight years, moving Minnesota closer to "full employment."
- Road work to close MN 100 overnight in St. Louis Park
The highway will close overnight at 36th Street starting at 11 p.m. as crews resurface a bridge.
- Adrian Peterson's situation could affect stadium naming rights
It has been tough week for the Minnesota Vikings brand.
- LeafLine medical cannabis facility wins approval in Cottage Grove
The company would initially build a 50,750 square foot facility.
- Fargo to feel Microsoft job cuts
Some of the 1,600 or so employees and contract workers in Fargo are losing their jobs, but Microsoft won't say how many.
- Faster Internet speeds coming to Bemidji
Bemidji internet users will soon be able to sign up for the fastest download speeds outside the Twin Cities.
- Inventor says synchronized lights could boost Green Line travel time
The system would tell drivers of trains and cars the speed they need to maintain to make the green lights.
- Business groups sitting on sidelines of governor's race
In 2010, business groups spent heavily to support Republican Tom Emmer, but they have yet to step up for Jeff Johnson, this year's GOP candidate.
- Race, poverty tied to metro transportation funding
The policy ties transportation money to equity for the first time.
- Diet soda may alter our gut microbes and raise the risk of diabetes
A new study published in the journal Nature introduces a new idea.
- Where net neutrality stands, 3.7 million comments later
The principle of net neutrality generally means that all Internet traffic is treated equally.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.