MPR News Update for Sept. 19, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
Got weekend plans? Today on The Daily Circuit, guests offered their best picks for Minnesota restaurants to visit this fall ... Be ready for some major road hassles in the southwest metro suburbs ... Your weekend forecast
- Green Line already nears 2030 ridership goal
The region's newest light rail is already nearing its 2030 forecast of 40,936 daily passenger trips, officials say. | Related: Synchronized lights could reduce travel time
- Polk County man shoots at police; nine officers return fire
Michael Jon Perry, who later tried to flee in his car, surrendered. He and a sheriff's deputy were treated for injuries.
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be repeated'
Roger Goodell did not announce any specific changes during an afternoon news conference, but said he has not considered resigning. | More: Procter & Gamble cancels on-air NFL promotion
- Minnesota family welcomes salmonella convictions
A jury convicted the former Peanut Corporation of America owner Stewart Parnell and two others on charges that were linked to nine deaths.
- Minneapolis eases alcohol restrictions on some eateries
Council kills "antiquated" rules that barred some restaurants from generating more than 40 percent of sales from alcohol.
- Ryan to build apartment tower near Vikings stadium
In choosing Ryan, the city rejected a request from the Vikings to re-open the bidding process.
- How to get children to behave without hitting them
Parents use physical discipline for one of three primary reasons, experts say. But, the reality is science never trumps emotion.
- Counter Stories podcast: The identity struggle
This time, more stories from our panel on where they come from, who they are now, and how they're perceived in their own communities. It's complex, and often a very delicate dance. | All Counter Stories episodes
- Workers to repair portion of County Road 9 in Robbinsdale
Public works crews await pipe to replace burst water main.
- Around the world in 8 hospital meals
What's served from hospital to hospital can differ wildly even within the same country.
- Minneapolis cops capture man who fled courthouse after conviction
Michael Henderson ran from the Hennepin County Courthouse Thursday.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.