MPR News Update for Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Did you hear about the bear who smashed a glass barrier at the zoo? He dug up a rock and "did a chest pass, just like Wes Unseld used to to do, right into the glass," a zoo visitor said. | Your forecast
- Police: Weekend shootings in Minneapolis not a clear sign of more violence
So far this year, 22 people have been killed in the city, compared to 15 during the same period last year. Most of this year's homicide victims were shot to death.
- Hidden knife cited in ISIS defendant's return to jail
When Abdullahi Yusuf was returned to jail, the reason was left unclear. A document released Monday alleges that Yusuf had a box cutter under his bed. | Called to Fight
- Documents: Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
Bill Cosby admitted in 2005 that he got quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with, and that he gave the sedative to at least one woman.
- St. Paul woman faces murder charge for stabbing boyfriend
A St. Paul woman fatally stabbed her long-time boyfriend in the chest while her four young children were in the home, according to charges filed Monday in Ramsey County District Court.
- What every American should know
Eric Liu and Anne-Marie Slaughter spoke at the Aspen Ideas Festival this month about ten things they say Americans should understand. | LISTEN today at noon | MPR News Presents
- Zebra mussel infestation a first for Morrison County
The invasive pests were confirmed in Fish Trap Lake near Motley, Minn., DNR officials said.
- S.C. Senate votes to take down flag; House OK still needed
Gov. Nikki Haley has said she wants the flag to come down and will sign the bill.
- Reddit CEO apologizes days after user revolt over firing of popular figure
The apology stemmed from the dismissal last week of Victoria Taylor, famous for her role in the r/IAmA (Ask Me Anything) section, which featured actors, musicians and even President Obama.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.