MPR News Update for Oct. 7, 2015
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Sometimes a person just needs a weekday pick-me-up. We offer this striking collection of beard and mustache photographs. Enjoy!
- MN Supreme Court: Payday loan limits constitutional
The Minnesota Supreme Court today upheld the state's payday lending law that curbed high-interest, short-term loans to mostly low-income people who can't stretch a paycheck.
- Mpls. man charged with raping 10-year-old in Riverside Plaza
The girl told police the suspect extended his hand to her, but refused to let go after she shook his hand, according to the criminal complaint.
- MN school district seeks $3M from farmer who sued over bonds
Sibley East Public Schools says in a court motion that Nathan Kranz' litigation cost it nearly $3 million and that he failed to put up a $300,000 surety bond as ordered. | Education
- Cause of Mpls. fire that killed 3 children undetermined
A vigil was held for the family Tuesday night in Minneapolis, and another is scheduled for tonight in Robbinsdale.
- Side hustle: Fall color wagon rides powered by 1,700-pound horses
When the fall leaves turn bright and the mosquitoes die, Andy Branham is out with his massive Percheron horses.
- Children's Museum breaks ground on expansion project
As part of the project, the museum launched a #PlayMoreMN campaign to promote the importance of play in children's lives.
- Appetites: Savoring and favoring squash
The key ingredient in a memorable pumpkin pie is squash, not pumpkin, says chef, TV personality and author Amy Thielen.
- 'Aw Jeez': Get ready for the new season of 'Fargo'
Inspired by the Coen brothers' 1996 film, the second season kicks off Monday. | Season 1: Recaps and stories | On Twitter: @AwJeezPodcast
- Even in death, Edgar Allan Poe remains a mystery
Oct. 7 marks the 166th anniversary of Edgar Allan Poe's death. How he died, however, remains a mystery. | The Thread
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.