MPR News Update for Nov. 24, 2015
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
- 3 arrested, 1 released in 4th Precinct shooting; #Justice4Jamar demonstrations continue
A 23-year-old white male and 32-year-old Hispanic male are in custody as part of the investigation into Monday night's shootings. Gov. Dayton calls protesters vulnerable and says he hopes the protests will end. A Black Lives Matter organizer says they won't stop. More than 1,000 demonstrators were on the move mid-afternoon. | The latest
- As Canada moves to accept refugees, fears about security hassles surface
As Canada plans to resettle thousands of Syrian refugees, those who regularly cross Minnesota's northern border are hoping alarm over border security won't lead to changes.
- Obama, Hollande say they will expand attacks against ISIS
French President Francois Hollande was at the White House trying broaden an international coalition to fight the Islamic State. | Politics
- DNR says plenty of pheasants remain in Minnesota fields
Wildlife managers say plenty of roosters remain in the fields, and hunting pressure has been light this season. | Environment
- Remembering Cynthia Robinson, co-founder of Sly & The Family Stone
The woman who urged fans to "Dance to the Music" was a trailblazing trumpeter. She died Monday at age 69. | Arts
- Rabia Chaudry of 'Serial' is writing a book on Adnan Syed's case
Rabia Chaudry, the lawyer who first brought Adnan Syed's case to the attention of 'Serial' host Sarah Koenig, will release a book about the investigation next fall.
- Lunds & Byerlys pulls some turkeys off shelves over 'off odor'
Lunds & Byerlys says it has withdrawn some of its Fresh All-Natural Brined Whole Turkeys.
- 'Fargo' recap: The undertaker is coming
Show creator Noah Hawley said last night's episode of 'Fargo' was one of his favorite in the series — it was also one of the most brutal. | Subscribe to the podcast
- ICYMI: Secret of iconic photos? Mostly luck, says Elliott Erwitt
His famous photographs have become mileposts of world history.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.