Thursday, July 2, 2015
We'll keep it brief: Fargo man pens two-word obituary (via NewsCut).
- Sanders hammers GOP on inequality during MN speech
Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders railed against the nation's income gaps on Thursday and told a Rochester, Minn., crowd those gaps would worsen under the GOP.
- After trade deal, Obama seeks to repair rift with labor
President Barack Obama will be in LaCrosse, Wis., today to promote his overtime pay plan.
- Park board won't cover Lake Calhoun's name to honor Civil War dead
The Minneapolis board denied a commissioner's request to add a resolution to drape signs with black cloth and support the renaming of the lake.
- MLS turns to St. Paul for stadium site after Mpls. misses deadline
But a Major League Soccer official did not say Minneapolis' chances are off the table.
- Panel backs cuts to rescue Southwest light rail
Local officials Wednesday OK'd $250 million in changes after the project's proposed costs ballooned. The full Metropolitan Council will consider the cuts next week.
- Minnesota alleges firm's student loan 'forgiveness' a rip-off
Attorney General Lori Swanson Wednesday sued a Florida-based company saying it misrepresents what it can do.
- Louis Vuitton theft leads to police chase through metro
Eight men were arrested in Woodbury after allegedly stealing merchandise from the Galleria Louis Vuitton store in Edina.
- Justice Department investigating airlines for possible price collusion
The civil antitrust investigation by the Justice Department appears to focus on whether airlines illegally signaled to each other how quickly they would add new flights, routes and extra seats.
- Is it time for Minnesota to legalize pot for recreational use?
As the vapors of the first medical marijuana prescriptions are settling, MPR News host Tom Weber explores what's next for pot in the state.
- Appetites: How grilling on the bone makes a difference
The meat is usually the star of the show, but the bones themselves can play a key role in preserving juiciness and tenderness after time on the grill.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.