MPR News Update for Dec. 29
Monday, December 29, 2014
Good morning! Cold today with some sun and clouds. Expect a high near 10. | Forecast
- As night falls, still no signs of missing AirAsia airplane
Bambang Soelistyo, the head of the National Search and Rescue Agency in Indonesia, said early on Monday that the plane was probably "at the bottom of the sea."
- As businesses close, early effects of Rochester's 20-year plan hit home
Longtime residents wonder whether their city will still feel like home. | Business
- E-book lending changing Twin Cities libraries
Libraries are starting to see declines in print circulation as e-books grow. | Arts
- Minnesota school testing system encounters glitches
Minnesota's $38 million contract with a vendor to run its online proficiency testing system is encountering glitches that have school officials worried ahead of the spring testing season. | Education
- Even in the frozen North, a yurt's so good
A Bemidji-area couple want a house with fixed walls, someday. For now, they enjoy a life of hands-on problem solving in a sort-of tent. | People & Places
- Facebook finds not everyone likes 'Year in Review' app
Not everyone is thanking Facebook for the memories.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.