MPR News Update for Nov. 25, 2015
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
The annual presidential turkey pardoning event at the White House, which took place today, is a peculiar one. Here's the strange truth behind those pardons. Happy Thanksgiving eve!
- The 4th Precinct protest shooting: The photos you haven't seen
Freelance photographer Christopher Juhn was on the scene when five people were shot outside Minneapolis' 4th Precinct police station earlier this week. | The latest: Jamar Clark mourned; Deadline extended for protest shooting charges
- Minnesota braces for legal fight over PolyMet mine decisions
Lawsuits stemming from PolyMet Mining Corp.'s proposal to build a copper-nickel mine in northeastern Minnesota are expected regardless of whether state regulators approve the project's needed permits. | Report: PolyMet mine safeguards would protect environment
- When a big food firm wants a smaller footprint, the farmer steps in
In the near future, if farmers and other suppliers want to keep General Mills' business, they'll have to support its sustainability goals.
- Cheap gas fueling Thanksgiving travel; snow possible Thursday
The average price for a gallon of regular gas is $1.98 in the Twin Cities. Meanwhile, we could be in store for a white Thanksgiving. | Updraft
- Appetites: Celebrating Thanksgiving with indigenous foods
"I would love for people to look at their Thanksgiving table without changing a thing and discuss where those foods came from," said Heid Erdrich, author of "Original Local." | So long, turkey: 3 ways to spice up Thanksgiving without the bird
- If Moliere had visited Wisconsin, he'd have written 'Liberty Falls'
The Moving Company invents a Wisconsin town to poke fun at the way Americans think. | Arts
- Take a hike — and happy Hmong New Year!: Your weekend planning guide
Celebrate 40 years of the Hmong in Minnesota and hit the park — not the mall — on Black Friday.
- ICYMI: Iconic Red Wing Pottery store to close next month
Owner Bruce Johnson says a lawsuit over the "red wing" insignia has led to threats and harassment, leading him to close the salesroom.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.