MPR News Update for Aug. 4, 2015
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
The final polls are in and the stage is set for Thursday night's first Republican presidential debate. Here's a look at who's in and who's out. | Election 2016
- Minnesota Blue Cross plans 450 job cuts through 2019
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota will cut around 450 positions, about 13 percent of its current workforce, over the next four years with losses coming in information technology.
- Whistleblower files defamation claim against archdiocese
Jennifer Haselberger, a former top adviser in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, filed her claim on the last day for creditors to come forward in the archdiocese bankruptcy case. | Betrayed by Silence
- Dayton creates new environmental citizen board
It revives a semblance of a citizen input panel after the Legislature abolished a board with more-defined powers.
- Minnesota DNR: Zebra mussels found in Meeker County lake
The invasive pests were found in Lake Stella. It appears to be the first confirmation of zebra mussels in Meeker County, west of Minneapolis.
- Penumbra summer program teaches activism along with the arts
The acclaimed African-American theater wants to give students the tools to perform on stage and in life. | Arts
- Feds indict Mpls. gang members on revenge, drug charges
Federal authorities allege seven members of two allied south Minneapolis gangs conspired to sell drugs and commit violence against their rivals as part of a gang war.
- Mpls. NAACP opens legal aid hotline after controversial arrest
The offerings also include a Facebook page and monthly office hours.
- How hard will it be for MN to hit clean energy targets?
President Obama has a plan to cut carbon emissions from power plants, but what does that mean for Minnesota? The short answer: It's complicated.
- Mille Lacs walleye: Many questions, a few answers
When it comes to walleye fishing on Lake Mille Lacs, Minnesota's would-be anglers are left without answers to some important ecological questions. | Decline may spell trouble for DNR, too
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.