MPR News Update for Sept. 30, 2014
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
- MNsure health plan rates for 2015 due Wednesday
The data should give Minnesota consumers an idea of how much their insurance will cost them next year.
- Death penalty politics enters the governor's race
The death penalty hasn't surfaced as an issue in the race for governor in Minnesota. But it's another area on which the candidates disagree. Election 2014 | All politics | Policast podcast | Capitol View blog
- Focus on concussions transforms high school football in Minnesota
High school football has changed. An MPR News-KARE 11 survey of more than 100 school districts throughout the state shows that some take more steps than others in the drive to prevent player head injuries. | Related documents
- Andover girls found in Burnsville after 'grave concerns' lead to search
Grace Laski and Jaiden Mahlberg, both 13, were found in Burnsville Tuesday morning after going missing Monday night. An adult male is in custody, police said.
- Dayton directs state disaster aid to Dakota Co.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency told Minnesota on Tuesday it had denied the state's appeal to add the southern metro county to a disaster declaration.
- Oil, rail industries want 7 years to fix tank cars
Thanks to an oil fracking boom, rail shipments of crude oil have skyrocketed from a few thousand carloads a decade ago to 434,000 carloads last year.
- California becomes first state to ban plastic bags
Grocers support the ban because it sets a statewide standard and allows them to charge consumers a 10-cent fee for using paper bags.
- Photos: Autumn's glorious colors in Minnesota and around the world
While Minnesota's fall show has certainly picked up momentum in recent days, a colorful display is also unfolding elsewhere. | Topic: Photo galleries
- Lynne Rossetto Kasper looks back at 20 years of The Splendid Table
The Splendid Table launched in 1994, a year when baked brie was in and iceberg lettuce was still hot.
- Garrison Keillor on premiere of his first play, 'Radio Man'
As Garrison Keillor celebrates the 40th anniversary of "A Prairie Home Companion," he can also add "playwright" to his resume.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.