MPR News Update for March 30, 2015
Monday, March 30, 2015
This is one Minnesota laundromat you simply must see to believe. Luckily, we have this video by Nikki Tundel.
- Mpls. police: Video shows missing U student entering Mississippi River
Officials say video indicates Jennifer Houle "entered the river" from the 10th Avenue Bridge Friday morning. No suspects are being sought.
- UnitedHealth to buy pharmacy benefits manager Catamaran
UnitedHealth Group Inc.'s OptumRx PBM business fills about 600 million prescriptions annually. Catamaran expects to fill 400 million this year. | Business
- 1 death reported outside NSA after car tried to ram security gate
A car that was intercepted near the security gate of the National Security Agency's headquarters at Fort Meade, Md., was fired upon Monday morning, killing one suspect and injuring another.
- Trevor Noah will replace Jon Stewart as host of 'The Daily Show'
Noah, 31, has recently served as a senior international correspondent on the show, filing reports on events such as Islamist group Boko Haram's violent attacks in Nigeria. | Arts & Culture
- Sure, use a treadmill desk -- but you still need to exercise
Treadmill desks were the trend in exercising a few years ago. The idea was to get moving and lose weight at work. But a new study suggests people don't use them enough to make a difference. | Health
- Stevie Wonder surprises north Minneapolis Baptist church
New Salem Baptist Church members cheered when Wonder rose to sing a favorite hymn "I Won't Complain." | NewsCut: Video
- Germanwings crash: Co-pilot was treated for suicidal tendencies
But, a prosecutor says, "documents don't show any hints of [Andreas Lubitz] being suicidal or being aggressive toward other people."
- New MN taconite mine finally arrives, but will market be there?
While officials applaud the new Essar taconite mine, questions linger about the health of the ore business and Essar's decision to abandon plans for a steel plant.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.