MPR News Update for Oct. 24, 2014
Friday, October 24, 2014
- Widowed by Ebola, MN woman fights to claim spouse's Social Security
The Nigerian government isn't releasing a death certificate for Patrick Sawyer, one of the first Americans to die of Ebola. And that's a problem for his family in Minnesota.
- Democrats Clinton, Biden headline rallies for Franken, Dayton and Nolan
Two potential 2016 presidential rivals were in Minnesota Thursday, but not to campaign for themselves.
- Twin Cities breast cancer survivors paddle dragon boats to recovery
Two teams of Twin Cities dragon boat racers head to Sarasota, Fla., this weekend to compete in the International Breast Cancer Paddler's Commission.
- Dave Ray's music celebrated with new release
A box set to be released Tuesday on Red House Records traces Dave Ray's evolution from an imitator to an interpreter of the blues.
- Coffee-shop inspired ballet comes to Union Depot
The ballet, "Black Dog Cafe," is named after the coffee shop two blocks down from the train station will be performed on Saturday.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.