MPR News Update for Oct. 23, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Documents contradict Nienstedt testimony on priest's sexual assault
Archbishop John Nienstedt gave a false statement under oath about his knowledge of the Rev. Gilbert Gustafson's conviction for sexually assaulting a child, letters obtained by MPR News show. | Betrayed by Silence: An MPR News investigation
- Brilliant and accessible, poet John Berryman wins new fans
People from around the world are expected to honor John Berryman, widely hailed as one of the great American poets of the 20th century, this weekend. The poet, who took his life in 1972, would have been 100 this year. | Arts
- Health care sales drive 3M income up in Q3
3M's sales increased 6 percent in the U.S. and 4 percent in Asia. But sales fell in Europe, Latin America and other markets. | Business
- Video: Gorilla ultrasound at Como Zoo shows mom, baby doing well
Zoo babies? Folks love those photos. But here's something you don't see every day: A zoo baby before it's born.
- Biden stumps in Hibbing for Democrat Nolan
Vice President Joe Biden spoke at Hibbing Community College to try to give a boost to Nolan, a first-term Democratic incumbent who's locked in a tight race with GOP candidate Stewart Mills. | Election 2014 | Select a Candidate | Politics
- MN Next podcast: Feminism lives!
What feminism means to millennials, and the battles feminism must still fight. | More MN Next
- The lowdown on those low prices at the pump
While consumers enjoy gasoline prices around $3 a gallon, some economists see trouble ahead.
- Woman indicted for helping undocumented immigrants obtain false IDs
Mireya Reyes, 31, was charged in U.S. District Court with five counts of aiding and abetting the misuse of Social Security numbers.
- Ramsey Co. authorities arrest 23 in domestic violence sweep
Officers tried to serve 128 warrants in all, and will continue looking for people still not in custody.
- Tweets in Hong Kong put Kenny G in jam with Communist Party
Politics can be a minefield. If the saxophone superstar didn't know it, he does now.
Subscribe to MPR News Update: RSS
You can also copy and paste this URL into your podcast software:
About MPR News Update
Simply, it is Minnesota news on your schedule. The MPR News Update brings you up to speed with the state's top news, the best of our blogs and smart talk radio in the format that fits you best.