Advocates for victims are calling for police search warrants and a grand jury investigation that could reveal potentially incriminating documents from the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. But so far, there are no clear signs that St. Paul police and Ramsey County Attorney John Choi will use that approach.
A detailed look at the priests named by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis as clergy with credible accusations of child abuse against them.
A list of priests who have been credibly accused of sexually abusing children, released today by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, should have been made public decades ago, victims of abuse by clergy members said.
The archdiocese plans to release the names of 29 priests who it says have been credibly accused of sexually abusing children on its website Thursday.
A new shelter for children who have been sold into the sex trade is scheduled to open next summer in St. Paul. The shelter follows passage of Minnesota's Safe Harbor Act.
The St. Paul Police Department and various partners are getting ready for a holiday event that aims to bridge the gap between children and police.
The Maplewood Police Department recently closed an investigation into the Rev. Rodger Bauman, an Oakdale priest who accepted a $120,000 check from a 99-year-old former parishioner. Bauman has maintained all along that the money was a gift. He eventually returned it.
After issuing a call for victims to come forward, police investigators are sifting through new evidence coming from people who say they were sexually abused by Catholic priests.
A new lawsuit filed today alleges the Rev. Jerome Kern was a "serial offender" who abused victims at three parishes over his 35 years in ministry.
The Minnesota Supreme Court has denied a new trial to a Roman Catholic priest convicted of third-degree criminal conduct for having sexual relations with a parishioner he was counseling.
Mohamed Aden, a naturalized U.S. citizen, and suspected pirate gang boss Mohamed Abdi Hassan will appear Oct. 30 for a pre-trial hearing in Belgium on charges tied to the 2009 hijacking of the Belgian ship "Pompei."
The decision to put off the Metropolitan Council vote came following a Tuesday morning meeting between Gov. Mark Dayton and several local, regional and state officials.
Overall occupancy in downtown St. Paul office units remains steady at about 90 percent, but it's unclear if the market can support an upscale office tower, which is one idea that Mayor Chris Coleman has floated for the former Macy's site.
Police said several young males stomped and kicked the victim, Ray Widstrand, and eventually stripped him of his pants. Widstrand, now 27, suffered from potentially fatal brain swelling.
All but one of the regional leaders present supported the plan, which also would leave freight trains alongside the tunnels. Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak, the lone "no" vote, pledged to continue to press the railroads to relocate freight traffic out of the Kenilworth Corridor, a scenic area that includes bicycle trails.